Monday, March 8, 2010


Well, the weekend started off great. Friday, Jake and I went to Marcyz's for a wine tasting then had home-made pasta. We also watched Good Fellas.

Saturday we headed to the Colorado History Museum garage sale. That's right, my lovelies, the museum had a sale. I was in heaven. We arrived 15 minutes before doors opened to find a line already 150 people long. I was shocked. I thought there might be 15 people there, but 150? Before the doors opened, another 100 people joined the line. The museum let in groups of people at a time. We grabbed about 8 pictures. A few are 8x10s, but two are giant. The are maybe 3x5 feet. The bigger pieces are on foam board. Including the pieces we picked up for Preston and Christine, we spent a whopping $42. The sale included some truly random things, like stemware and a table saw.

That afternoon I ran some errands. I finally replaced my watch. My trusty Swatch that I bought with my parents in Switzerland after high school finally died. I was on a mission for new black boots, as mine are falling apart. I think I waited too long. Every store I went it was focusing on sandals. I couldn't even find them in clearance. After shopping, I hung out with some friends for drinks. Then Jake and I went to a fellow brewer's place for his cherry stout unveiling.

Sunday, three of us went skiing. We were on I-70 by 7am. We were on the mountain at Keystone by 8:30. The weather was gorgeous, warm with blue skies. Unfortunately, the snow wasn't great and all three of us lagged. Around 1:30, we decided to head home to avoid the crazy traffic. This is where things went downhill.

There was already some heavy traffic. We'd be cruising along at 65, then everybody would slam on their brakes. I thought I was going to hit the car in front of me at one point. Around 2:30, my car veered out of the far left lane and hit the cement divider. I managed to regain control of the car and get it off onto the right shoulder. No other cars were involved. Everybody was ok. I was pretty shaky, though. It looks like my front left tire blew, causing the veering. My bumper is smashed up and the radiator was leaking hardcore. AAA was called, the police came and filed an accident report. Luckily, Megan's hubby Ryan was at home, so he came and got us. I am now dealing with insurance and the car place, trying to get stuff figured out. The dealership was closed, so the tow truck apparently dropped my car off in the back alley or something. As of right now, the dealership can't find my car. Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm glad you're okay! But really, they can't find your car?! Classic.