Tuesday, October 5, 2010

workplace bonding

I won't lie. I was not pleased to be going into work this morning. I normally go in one day a week and telecommute the rest (it requires hour + drive each way). However, some workplace bonding cheered me right up. My other coworkers were saying how much they wanted coffee and I was complaining how hungry I was. True story, by 9:45 am, I'd already eaten a bowl of cereal for breakfast and my snack of a granola bar.
An hour later, I headed out to the local Starbucks to get drinks for the troops. While I was out, one coworker snuck out and got a breakfast burrito to split with me. Please note, this was not a McD's breakfast burrito, but an authentic Southwest style one. It was delicious and killed the gnawing hunger demons inside me. That made my day way brighter! :)
It also was in the theme for the day. Last night I made several trays of enchiladas to have for dinner tonight when guests come over. I used Janetha's recipe. I tweaked it a bit - added a zuccini (half needed to be vegetarian for a guest) and forgot the tomatoes (oops!). Due to work and commute, I won't be home until 7:30, so I wanted something that could mostly be done beforehand. I'll let you know how it turns out!

1 comment:

  1. That is a really long drive to work, so I can see why you don't look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete