Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Molasses Cookies




I made molasses cookies from the 12 Days of Cookies. I'd been eying several versions of molasses cookies and finally settled on these. The decision was mostly based on the fact that the butter is melted, not creamed. This helps those who are sans mixer.

I was a little worried at first.


But I kept on stirring.

And ended up with these.



Verdict: Delicious!
I may skip the rolling in sugar step next time - most of the sugar ended up on my floor and counter.

I now have to go clean, because the kitchen looks like this.



At least I'll have cookies and Christmas music to power me through!

3 comments:

  1. Wow- you're quick! Glad you enjoyed the cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on making some mollasses cookies this week. I have never made any before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made molasses cookies for a holiday party last week and I couldn't believe what a hit they were! Tip: Roll the cookies in powdered sugar...they get really pretty and it looks like snow sprinkled on top!

    ReplyDelete